Taking a walk when the weather is nice is easy but if it’s not so nice, even a five minute walk is better than no walk at all. Here are some tips for getting in some extra steps throughout your day:
* Park your car at the back of the lot.
* Hike the mall and be sure to hit all levels.
* Take the stairs EVERY chance you get!
* Sweep your drive or rake your leaves instead of a blower.
* Crank up your Ipod and get your heart rate up when you mop or vacuum.
It all adds up. If you walk twice a day for 10 minutes and try a few of these tips, you just may find you have an extra 30-minute low impact workout tucked under your belt for the day.